Everyone wants to have a head full of hair which can be styled in the desired way. But what about the people who are suffering from hair loss or baldness issues? Hair loss is a devastating blow that can often occur without warning. The internet is filled up with a wide range of hair loss treatments, both temporary and permanent. But you need to find out the best option for you because only the proven treatments can make you able to achieve effective and long-lasting results.
Like other people, hair loss/baldness sufferers can also get a head full of hair by undergoing hair transplant surgery. Yes, hair transplant surgery is a permanent solution to baldness (if performed correctly). Being a surgical procedure, it can take a certain period to recover, but the results of hair transplant are definitely worth the wait.
What is Hair Transplantation?
The surgical treatment of transferring the active hair follicles from one part of the body to the other is known as the hair transplant procedure. The area from where the hair grafts are taken is called ‘donor area’ and the bald area where the grafts are implanted is known as ‘recipient area’. The donor area from where the grafts are extracted is generally the back of the scalp, but in some cases of inadequate hairs on the donor area, the other body parts like chest, beard, arms, etc can also be the donor areas.
Hair Transplant for Women
Since hair transplant surgery is an appropriate option for nearly 90% of the balding men, women think they also make a good candidate but it is usually not the case. Very few women have hair loss/hairs that suit hair transplant procedures. The doctors suggest that hair transplantation should be the last option to address hair fall/hair loss in women; because it is often difficult to find a healthy donor site in women.
According to the recent survey conducted by the experts, only 2% to 5% of women with hair loss get benefit from the hair transplant process. Thus, hair transplant is more common hair restoration treatment in men as compared to women and it effectively treats male pattern baldness.
How Hair Transplant can offer you Permanent Results?
Because of the implantation of hair roots in the recipient area, the hair transplant surgery tends to provide permanent hair growth outcomes. The hair roots are extracted from your donor area either with the FUT method or with FUE hair transplantation. After preparing the scalp and extracted hair follicles for implantation, the hair transplant surgeon places them into the bald area at the right angle, depth, and direction. The advanced and precise tools and technologies used in hair transplantation also play an important role in the success ratio of the treatment.
Hair transplant procedures do need some time to heal and recover, but the results of hair transplant are quite impressive and it merely relies on the skills and efficiency of the hair transplant surgeon and the team of technicians.
This surgery needs to be performed with the utmost care and caution so as to ensure that the transplanted hairs grow in the same direction as that of existing hairs. So, make sure that your surgeon must be skilled enough to create the perfect hairline and placing the hair in the thinning areas accurately.
Also, You have to think twice before choosing any clinic over India because many of the clinics do provide surgery at cheaper costs but cheap is not always best. However, if you are looking for a better clinic in your city then we do offers hair transplant surgery in Ludhiana and in many other cities as well.
What are the Side Effects of Hair Transplant?
Every good thing comes with some of the negative impacts and the same applies in the case of surgical hair restoration treatments. Here is the list of the side-effects that can occur after getting the hair transplant surgery:
- If you’ve opted for a FUT hair transplant, then you’ll be having a linear scar on the donor area after the surgery. FUE method results in minimal scarring which is almost invisible and covered by the existing hairs.
- Hair transplant can possibly lead to infection, but it happens in very rare cases and it can easily be avoided with the help of antibiotics.
- After hair transplant surgery, itching is the common side effect experienced by the patients and it can become severe if not treated properly. You can consult with your doctor if this problem increases beyond tolerance.
- In some cases, the donor area has to suffer from the potential of losing hair, from where the surgeon takes hair grafts.
- How do we forget the pain that occurs during and after the surgical procedures? Though local anesthesia is given to the patients to reduce pain, still, the patients may suffer from pain in the transplanted area for a few days after the surgery.
- Hair transplant surgery can also result in temporary swelling, which can affect your forehead and the area surrounding your eyes. It can last up to two days and there is nothing major to worry about.
- The patients may also feel numbness in the donor area and it is inevitable after the hair transplant surgery. It can last for several weeks and you can consult with your surgeon about this.
We need to understand that every medical procedure has associated with some of the risks, but it doesn’t mean that they are not worth the cost. They do provide effective results if they are performed by taking care of pre & post surgery precautions. For the effective results of hair restoration, you can consider opting for Hair Doctors as they have the best hair transplant clinics available at different locations in India. The hair transplant team at Hair Doctors is extremely dedicated and they use their skills to deliver maximum success ratio in the hair transplant surgeries.
After all the above discussion, we hope that you’ve come up knowing that hair transplant is the only permanent solution available today to treat excessive hair loss and baldness. The implanted hair follicular units will tend to grow naturally and permanently after this treatment. Thus, we can say that hair transplant not just grow hairs on your head, but it also provides your lost confidence and younger looks back.